Note: this is a draft, posted for the convenience of Boosters unable to attend the most recent meeting. Approved meeting minutes will be posted on the appropriate page.
FLOYD CENTRAL BAND BOOSTER
SUMMARY OF MEETING MINUTES
August 8, 2017
- Fundraising for New Band Uniforms– Hussing Mechanical is the $5,000 sponsor that will appear on the back of the show shirt. Personnel connections will attract sponsors. If you know a business owner, reach out and ask them to be a sponsor. The fundraising total is $40,000!Participation from band families is at 10%. Group together to Adopt-A-Uniform. Payment is not due until January 2018.
- Invitational– Jobs are 50% filled. Still need volunteers especially in parking. Need a shadow for trophies and concessions. Students to help out where appropriate.
- Student Representatives– Welcome Student Representatives! Their jobs are to: (1) relay information to band members; and (2) relay feedback to boosters from band members.
- Potential Truck Rental– Need to rent a semi OR two, 26 foot box trucks for competitions. Estimated cost to rent semi for seven competitions: $1,768.90. Estimated cost to rent two, 26 foot box trucks: $1,928.50. We have two confirmed CDL drivers, one in reserve. Would need to find two drivers for box trucks if we go with that option. This expense will have to come out of band fees.
- Car Wash– Car wash at Republic Bank on Saturday, August 26from 9 am – 2 pm. Need band kids. Customers will be asked to donate. Jeni Roution has offered to host a BBQ and swimming to all band kids who participate in the car wash. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the general band fund.
- Updating Accounting Software–Simple Start QuickBooks online for $180 per year was the best option. Professional, customizable features, online access, automatic software updates and passwords/data easily handed on to next treasurer when the time comes.
- Selling Old Guard Uniforms/Flags– Charles Williams has agreed to sell some of the old uniforms and flags. ●Medical Forms– Due by August 31, 2017.
September 9 – Columbus North High School
September 16 – Paoli Jr.-Sr. High School
September 23 – FC Invitational
September 30 – Fishers High School
Group photo will be taken at camp on August 19. Students wear show shirt.
Students will begin learning the third movement drill at camp on Saturday, August 19. They have already been rehearsing the music for the third movement. Director changes in Class A, in addition to Avon and Carmel not competing at state level, will leave Class A wide open and competitive.
August 18 – Parent Show at 8 pm
August 19 – Camp Day 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
August 25 – Rehearsal/football game: 3 pm to 5 pm rehearsal, head to cafeteria to eat after rehearsal
September 8 – Rehearsal/football game: 3 pm to 5 pm rehearsal, head to cafeteria to eat after rehearsal
September 9 – Band Contest at Columbus North
September 12 – Band Booster Meeting at 7 pm